WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us. We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, location, username, password, demographic information (such as your age, gender, occupation), third party social media profile information, as well as other information you directly give us on our Site. If you elect to purchase products or services through our Site, we will collect the payment information that you provide to facilitate the transaction.
Location Information. When you use the Site, we may collect your location information from your device. This location information may include your longitudinal and latitudinal coordinates. If you do not agree to this collection, you can change your privacy preferences on your device, but the some functionality of the Site may be disabled.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
Cookies. We may log information using "cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
Google Analytics. We also use Google Analytics to understand how the site is being used. Google Analytics uses permanent cookies on your web browser to identify you as a unique user. All data are anonymous. Please review the Google Privacy pages for more information: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION We use your personal information to:
- operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
- respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- link or combine user information with other personal information.
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- customize and tailor content and advertising to specific audiences or individuals.
- provide and deliver products and services customers request.
- facilitate purchase transactions
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
Links to third-party websites from this website are provided as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave this site. We do not assume responsibility for any of these sites, their content, or their privacy policies.
On the Site, we may use secure socket layer technology (SSL), which is designed to encrypt the transmission of information shared between your browser and our site. Where SSL is being used, a padlock icon will appear adjacent to the URL in your browser. Click on the padlock next to the URL to view certificate details. If you do not see the padlock, we may not have implemented SSL on the Site, or there could be an issue with your browser or the secure socket layer technology.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Even after you delete your account, copies of information you have submitted to the site, such as survey responses, may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed by others, or it was copied or stored by other users. You may not have the authority or ability to remove information (including survey responses) you submitted by participating in the site.
If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of its assets, your information may be included in the assets sold or transferred to the acquirer. You hereby agree that we may transfer or assign the information we have collected from you in connection with any such event. In the event of a bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership or assignment for the benefit of creditors, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred or used.
LOCATION OF SERVERS
INFORMATION OF CHILDREN
This site is not intended for use by minors under the age of 13. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information without verifiable parental consent, we will promptly take reasonable and appropriate actions to remove such user and delete any personal information from our servers.
Engaged Media, Inc.
2222 Sedwick Road Durham, NC 27713